We can tell this is the start of a beautiful relationship! Below are a few things to keep in mind when you are commenting on articles or interacting with other readers. We need your help to make Sloe a welcoming place for everyone.
Sloe is a space to host great discussion is a challenge we’re ready for.
We’re doing our part by:
- Moderating comments on all posts and in our Discord channel.
- Removing user access for accounts that use any form of hate speech, bigoted language, pejorative or discriminatory language, harassment, spam, or trolling. We have a two-strikes moderation review policy for comments that are deemed purposefully incendiary, intentionally obtuse, rude or obviously trolling with the intent of derailing conversation.
You can help us out by:
- Approaching conversations with the knowledge that tone and emotional intent may be misconstrued or misinterpreted. Remember that there are people behind each article, comment, post, artwork and photo you see on Sloe News and treat them with kindness.
- Don’t screenshot or share other user’s images, comments or user information.
- Do not share blatantly false or potentially harmful information.
- Do not promote your products/business/designs
We’d like you to be comfortable here.
Here’s what steps we’re taking to make sure that’s possible.
Diversity & Inclusion
- We pledge to make routine, concerted effort to include content that celebrates the many views, skills, talents and experiences of LGBTQ+, BIPOC, disabled and neurotypical members of our community, and to seek out and hire these creators to share their own stories through our platform–and get paid doing it.
Vision & Audio Accessibility
- Our site is currently under review using screen reader software designed for users with vision impairment.
- We are working to add audio versions of all original writing commissioned by Sloe so you can listen to them when you’re unable to read them.
- Readers can subscribe to Sloe for free. Click here to read about what is included and create your free account.
- Our site is designed to easily translate in-browser to a variety of languages.
Looking for something not covered here? Check out these other helpful pages:
Frequently Asked Questions