Sloe News Day 08 . 13 . 2021
Every week Sloe gathers the best articles on handmade fashion and sustainable style. You can get Sloe News Day delivered to your inbox by subscribing to our newsletter.
Here are a few of our favorite reads from the past week.
- The Bangladesh Accord expires at the end of the month, and sustainable fashion and human rights activists are already trying to figure out what comes next. [Vogue Business]
- Jimil Ataman is working on ethnographic dissertation research about Slow Fashion, and she needs a little community help. [Slow Fashion Dissertation Research]
- The hot pink from Hopi Red Dye Amaranth is unlike any we’ve seen so far. Luckily the dyer is willing to share the details! [Knitty Vet]
- Are you falling prey to “sweater hustle culture” with your knitting projects? Maybe it’s time for a reset. Join the discussion started by designer Jen Parroccini on [Instagram].
- To quote journalist Aldan Wicker “The solution is not to find the ‘right’ place to donate your old clothes. It’s to buy fewer things. The end.” [ABC Australia]
- Fashion’s takeaway from the UN climate report [Vogue Business]