Sloe News Day 07 . 16 . 21
Every week Sloe gathers the best articles on handmade fashion and sustainable style. You can get Sloe News Day delivered to your inbox by subscribing to our newsletter.
Here are a few of our favorite reads from the past week.
They’re finally here!
Accounts and subscriptions are live!
Up to this point, Sloe has been a labor of love for Julie and I. Thanks to your support and feedback, we’re ready to move forward with our mission to share news about sustainable and handmade garments. The next phase of Sloe News is already in motion, and a small team of creative and talented writers are working on next month’s stories. You can help us continue this work by joining Sloe as a Founding member today. As a thank you for your support over the last few weeks, we’re offering a special founding members price for all paid tier until the end of July:
Premium Tier – currently $10 / mo., regularly $12 / mo. (saving $24 / year)
Our Premium members enjoy 1 new article per week beginning in August, plus unlimited access to past articles and shared content. Being a Premium member also gives you tickets to select Sloe News events throughout the year.
Business Tier – currently $12 / mo., regularly $15 / mo. (saving $36 / year)
Our Business members enjoy 2 new articles per week beginning in August.One with a focus on business development or craft industry issues, and the week’s Premium Tier article. Plus unlimited access to past articles and shared content. Being a Business member gives you tickets to select Sloe News events throughout the year.
This pricing will change beginning August 1, so you have only a few weeks to decide if you’ll take us up on this special Founding member offer. Your initial charges process in August.
If you can’t afford to upgrade right now, don’t worry! You can continue to receive the #SloeNewsDay emails and read 1 Premium or Business article per month entirely free when you make your account.
Do you know someone who should be a Sloe subscriber? Feel free to forward this special offer to them! Julie and I have big plans for the rest of this year and we appreciate every one of you who is helping Sloe grow.
-Hannah Thiessen, Sloe Co-founder
- Ditch your paper sewing patterns and try a four-piece [Parasol Dress by Cris Wood Sews].
- Bonus points for approachability: new sewists can take a digital workshop with the designer.New Issue Incoming from [Pom Pom Publishing].
- Hannah can’t get enough of these witchy handmade brooms [Heart Craft Brooms]
- Sustainable fashion writer Aja Barber’s new book Consumed (coming September) is available for pre-order. [Blackwell’s Books]
- Fashion Studies is an open access academic journal in fashion. Volume 3 just came out and there’s too much good stuff to recommend just one article [Fashion Studies]
- This forager’s enthusiasm and excitement for wild food is contagious. [Instagram]