Every week Sloe gathers the best articles on handmade fashion and sustainable style. You can get Sloe News Day delivered to your inbox by subscribing to our newsletter.
Here are a few of our favorite reads from the past week.
- Struggling with creative block? We love this quick 15 minute tip from Clare Mountain-Manipon on how to break out of a funk. [Instagram]
- Miriam Felton, host of the Yarn Stories podcast, shares her genius hack for weaving in short thread ends [Instagram]
- Cashmerette founder, Jenny Rushmore, has been BUSY! Last week we shared her e-book for designers and patternmakers looking to better understand plus size sewists and how to grade patterns for them. This week she announced pre-orders for her first physical book Ahead of the Curve, “a body-positive guide to how to fit sewing patterns if you’re curvy or plus size, with five full-size, brand new Cashmerette patterns in sizes US 12 – 32 (UK 16 – 36) and cup sizes C – H with which to hone your fitting skills.” [Cashmerette]
- DIY zine Storied Stitches just published their 10th issue and is accepting submissions for issue 11 [Storied Stitches]
- A Continuous Lean, one of the original menswear blogs from the mid 2000’s is back as a Substack. Michael Williams most recent piece, Prime Time, is an absolute must read regardless of gender [ACL Substack]
- Display Copy isn’t your average fashion magazine. Everything featured in its pages is vintage or thrifted. Come for the inspiring editorial, stay for the thoughtful articles. [Display Copy]
- Looking for ways to cut down on your plastic use? Take the Plastic Free July challenge hosted by the Plastic Free Foundation [Plastic Free July]